BAD HERSFELD GERMANY
McPheeters Barracks was the name of a barracks facility in Bad Hersfeld used by the US Army from 1945 to 1993 . It was built from 1935 for the German Wehrmacht . Until 1945 it was called “Langemarck Barracks” after the Battle of Langemarck .
In the summer of 1993, the city of Bad Hersfeld was informed that the US Department of Defense had decided to disband the garrison in Bad Hersfeld. The last soldiers left the barracks in November 1993.