The Giessen Depot, once known as the Giessen Support Center, also home of the 284th BSB Headquarters, is located in Giessen, a city situated in northeast Hesse approximately 60 miles north of Hanau. The 284th BSB was officially activated in a ceremony in Giessen on April 24, 1998. Pendleton Barracks is located just a few blocks from Giessen Depot.
This 522-acre plot of ground, former grazing fields for the local farming community, was identified in 1920 as an ideal landing site for small aircraft.
INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM: https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/facility/giessen.htm
PHOTOS BY MARKUS MILDENBERG
HOME SITE OF MARKUS MILDENBERG: THE-DIGITAL-EYES.DE
THE PHOTOS ABOVE ARE LOCATED HERE: AFTER THE TROOPS LEFT