The Ernst Ludwig Kaserne on Eschollbrücker Straße, which no longer exists today, was built in 1937/1938 for the Wehrmacht. It served as accommodations for an infantry battalion and was named after the last reigning Grand Duke Ernst-Ludwig of Hesse and Rhine (1868 – 1937). It was surrounded by forest. The barracks area had been laid out as a rectangular complex with a central square. After the Second World War, the kaserne was taken over by the US Army. The U.S. Army stationed the 94th Engineer Battalion there. The kaserne in 1992.