Patch Barracks was renamed from the German Kurmärker Kaserne in 1952; it was originally built for use by the German Army Wehrmacht in 1936/37. During World War II, it served as the headquarters and barracks for the Wehrmacht’s 7th Panzer Regiment with associated unit shooting ranges and training areas located at the nearby Panzer Kaserne (literally “tank barracks”). After the Second World War, Kurmärker Kaserne was temporarily occupied by French colonial troops. Subsequently, American troops took over the facility, which hosted the US Constabulary during the multilateral occupation of Germany following World War II. The US 7th Army was headquartered here from 1950 until 1967 when EUCOM was relocated to Patch from Camp-de-Loges near Paris, France. 7th Army relocated to Heidelberg.