PANZER KASERNE

STUTTGART GERMANY

Panzer Kaserne (German notation: Panzerkaserne) is a U.S. military installation in Böblingen, Germany, part of U.S. Army Garrison Stuttgart. The post is administered by U.S. Army Installation Management Command-Europe (IMCOM-Europe), a legacy from its use as an Army installation since just after World War II. Panzer also hosts the headquarters of U.S. Marine Corps Forces, Europe & Africa (MARFOREURAF) and various Special Operations units of the Army and Navy supporting EUCOM and AFRICOM.

LEDWARD BARRACKS

SCHWEINFURT, GERMANY

Construction of the Panzer Kaserne was completed in 1936. The Panzer Kaserne was renamed Ledward Barracks in honor of LTC William J. Ledward. Colonel Ledward was killed in action in Italy, June 1944. He was the Commanding Officer of the 27th Armored Field Artillery Battalion. The US Army took control of Ledward Barracks in 1948.

MORE LEDWARD BARRACKS PHOTOS BELOW