LEDWARD BARRACKS

SCHWEINFURT, GERMANY

Construction of the Panzer Kaserne was completed in 1936. The Panzer Kaserne was renamed Ledward Barracks in honor of LTC William J. Ledward. Colonel Ledward was killed in action in Italy, June 1944. He was the Commanding Officer of the 27th Armored Field Artillery Battalion. The US Army took control of Ledward Barracks in 1948.

MORE LEDWARD BARRACKS PHOTOS BELOW