JOHNSON BARRACKS FÜRTH GERMANY
The buildings that would be named Johnson Barracks were taken by the US Army in May of 1945 and named in memory of Pvt Eldon H. Johnson, a member of the 15th Infantry, 3rd Infantry Division. Pvt Johnson was killed in action June 1944 near Valmontone, Italy.
From 1970 until 1992 The 16th Engineer Battalion occupied Johnson Barracks, at which time the unit moved to Bamberg and like all the rest of the military kasernes in the Nürnberg Area the buildings were given back to the German Government.
Nothing is left of the former Johnson Barracks. The buildings are no longer there. The only thing that remains is one warehouse. The place that used to be Johnson Barracks is now filled with car lots, and other businesses.
This part of the website is being built to provide former and present military personnel and their dependents that were once stationed at Johnson Barracks a place to get in contact with each other, their German friends and share their comments and photos. Fürth residents and the people of the surrounding area are welcome also.
“Johnson Barracks may be gone, but we can keep it alive with our stories, photos and by sharing our memories”
JOHNSON BARRACKS ARCHIVED GUESTBOOK