Opened 1946 in a private residence in Erlangen. In the Fall of 1947 the school moved to 19 Tannensstr in Fürth. In 1952 a new school was built at 30 Fronmüllerstr and opened Jan 3, 1952
In June 1995, the last graduating seniors were awarded their diplomas from Nürnberg American High School, and the school closed 49 years after its opening. The Cold War was over; American troops were being withdrawn from the Nürnberg area.